Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A layover in Vernon

We left Osoyoos yesterday; and drove North along 97 heading towards Vernon. Beautiful drive through the Okanagan valley with mountain views all around.

A few days earlier, our truck started making strange noises. It's never a good thing when your vehicle starts making strange noises. And it turns out, this wasn't going to be an exception. After getting set up yesterday in our new park in Vernon, Mike brought the truck to the local Ford dealership.

Turns out that one of the cylinders is leaking at the exhaust manifold. They've been working at this since yesterday afternoon; and are having quite the time getting the rusted bolts off. One of the bolts was giving them quite the hassle; and had to be sent to a machinist to get it off. The bill, so far, is roughly $2500.00 - ouch!!! Hopefully, with any luck, this will be the last thing needing fixing for a while - wish us luck. We're hoping to be back on the road again tomorrow.

Molly is doing okay though. She still needs help getting in and out of the truck and the rig; and she doesn't get very far very fast; but she seems to making small improvements on a daily basis. Hopefully the glucosamine and aspirin will only continue to help. Thanks for all the warm wishes being sent her way... now can you also pray to the truck gods for us... and the lotto gods... thanks.

No pictures today.

3 comments:

Al Bossence said...

Say hello to Vernon for me. I lived there back in 72, 73, & 74. Loved the place but hear it has really grown since I left in 75 Yaaaaay Molly:))

Anonymous said...

Glad Molly is feeling a bit better. I will keep my fingers crossed that the Truck won't need anything further for a while. ;) As for the lottery, I was hoping I would win, cause I need a whole new roof - right down to the trusses (it sprung a few new leaks in the last rain storm) - but I'm nice - so I'll share if I do. ;)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

hey,
it's all part of the adventure and overall, you've had minimal maintenance costs....way cheaper than owning....we'll have spent that much just 'staging' the house...it will be interesting to see where we'll end up....safe journey...you're in my favourite parts of the West.

The Acorn gang